Property Tax Reward Program – ‘Shop Bayonne’ Loyalty Card
The Property Tax Reward Program was founded in 2010 by Fincredit Inc, and focuses on incentivizing shopping local with rewards to the consumer, similar to a loyalty card.
How does it work?
- Every homeowner in Bayonne receives a ‘Shop Bayonne’ card
- Businesses can opt in to the program if they please
- Business owners provide a discount of their choice to ‘Shop Bayonne’ customers
- The money saved through the discount is transferred to the City
- Money accumulates and at the end of the year is deducted from your property tax
This is an innovative program that helps the local business community and provides a strong motivation for residents to ship in town. It is an opportunity for homeowners to their lower out-of-pocket expense on property taxes through normal, everyday purchases of necessities and goods.
By using the ‘Shop Bayonne’ card, residents enjoy a direct relief on their property tax bills, businesses enjoy a higher local awareness and increased revenues, and the City benefits from a thriving business corridor.
Getting Started in Premier Business Services
Follow the instructions for your registration.
Mayor James M. Davis
First Ward Councilmember, Neil Carroll III
Second Ward Councilmember, Jacqueline Weimmer
Third Ward Councilmember, Gary LaPelusa, Sr.
Council Member at Large, Lloyd Booker
Council Member at Large, Juan M. Perez